NEW ALBANY – Bedford North Lawrence settled for sixth place in the Hoosier Hills Conference Tournament with a 5-0 loss at New Albany during action in the consolation bracket on Thursday afternoon.
The Bulldogs lost only 10 games in singles and did not drop a set on any court.
Nolan Keeler survived the toughest challenge as he fought off BNL’s Logan Bland-Chastain 6-4, 6-4 at No.1 singles. Ethan Holder handled Adam Tlustek 6-0, 6-2 at No.2, while Thomas Ogden swept past Jacob Bair 6-0, 6-0 at No.3.
In doubles, Ben Stock and Cody Medley conquered Evan Waggoner and Luke Foreman 6-2, 6-3 at No.1, while Mitchell Meyer and Noah Johnson topped Cade Provo and Wyatt Scherschel 6-2, 6-1 at No.2.
In the HHC final, Floyd Central stopped Seymour 5-0 to win its third consecutive league title.
The Stars (7-9) will host Clarksville on Saturday.
New Albany 5, BNL 0
1. Nolan Keeler d. Logan Bland-Chastain 6-4, 6-4
2. Ethan Holder d Adam Tlustek 6-0, 6-2
3. Thomas Ogden d. Jacob Bair 6-0, 6-0
1. Ben Stock and Cody Medley d. Evan Waggoner and Luke Foreman 6-2, 6-3
2. Mitchell Meyer and Noah Johnson d. Cade Provo and Wyatt Scherschel 6-2, 6-1